This week we have a guest review of the Holga iPhone Filter and Lens Kit. This review is written by our guest writer Leslie Dupreez who has been making incredible images from this humble and fun piece of equipment. Leslie displays some of her great work on her facebook page which is well worth a look to see all the amazing images on display.
Holga Filter and Lens Kit (SLFT-IP4) Review
Manufacturer: Universal Electronics Industries (Holga)
Compatible with: iPhone 4/4S
Price: $24.99 US in the HolgaDirect Store
- Dual Image Lens: Produces 2 identical images similar to a Holga 2 way split image filter
- Triple Image Lens: Produces 3 identical images similar to a Holga 3 way split image filter
- Quadruple Image Lens: Produces 4 identical images similar to a Holga 4 way split image filter
- 60mm Macro Lens: For taking photos at approximately 60mm from the lens
- Empty Hole: For taking images with default effect
- Red Filter with Clear Heart Shape Centre: Reduces absorption of blue & green lights with clear heart shape centre to stand out
- Red Filter: Reduces absorption of blue and green light
- Green Filter: Enhances green colors
- Yellow Filter with Clear Center: Clear circular spot in center to stand out with surroundings in pale yellow to mimic sunset
- Blue Filter with Clear Center: Clear circular spot in center to stand out with surroundings in blue to mimic gentle moon atmosphere
I found the world of Instagram thanks to a dear friend in September 2011 and I was hooked, here was a huge worldwide forum where artists could share their work, skills and combine photos and editing to create incredible canvases. There is no limitation to what you can do. Gone were the days of lugging around bulky camera bags and equipment and instead we had instant opportunities to snap photos where ever and when ever we wanted to. After all your phone is never far away.
I have always had a fascination for macro photography, but alas it had alluded me, it was wildly expensive getting the lenses for my DSLR and I never quite got the chance to buy one. I stared in amazement at the macro photography on Instagram and felt so frustrated that I couldn’t capture this incredible miniature world we live in. One day I kept seeing the name Holga Lens turn up, and then my friend (that got me so addicted) bought one and told me how great they were. I checked it out and found HolgaDirect to be not only very helpful but innovative in it’s designs and walking very fast towards the future of mobile holography. I bought a case and waiting impatiently for it to arrive, I didn’t have long to wait.
Let me tell you when I popped this funky case on not only did it look cool and draw lots of comments and questions from all that saw it but IT WORKS! I started using the macro lens and in no time was taking the shots I had dreamed of for so long, there is nothing like the thrill of getting up close and personal to the fascinating insect world, finding raindrops that reflect a magical universe, catch the softest curve of a flower and at times the breathtaking beautiful that one misses with the naked eye. At last this case made it all possible.
I would not hesitate recommending this product to anyone, novice to professional, you will be impressed with the ease of use, quality of lenses and a case that stays ever at the ready. I have tried other lenses and still find the Holga case the easiest and clearest for taking macro pics.
Thank you to the HolgaDirect team for this very smart device and for allowing my artistic hunger to be satisfied. I couldn’t have asked for more.
We’d like to say a big Thanks to Leslie for taking time to do this review. To check out more of Leslie’s work do check out her facebook page. For more details on this fun piece of kit please visit the product page for Holga Filter and Lens Kit in the HolgaDirect Store. If you would like to review or just talk about any photo gear that you have bought from HolgaDirect or your photography in general please contact us at ‘info @ holgadirect.com’
The HolgaDirect Team
Powered by Facebook Comments