We are really excited to announce our first Photo Contest, ‘Hit Us With Your Best Shot’. After spending some time looking at the various options for hosting a Photo Contest we settled on using Facebook as the platform. While we know that not everyone has an account or wants to set one up on Facebook it is without a doubt the biggest social platform out there and so was an obvious choice for its ability to reach as many photographers as possible. Aside from reach we found quite a few choices for adding contests on this social platform which allowed for easy entry and voting.
Anyway, enough of the background and on to the details! For this first Photo Contest we’re going to make it really easy for anyone with a Holga to enter. Your photo has to have been taken with either a Holga film camera, a Digital Holga lens or a Holga Filter Kit for iPhone. As for the subject of your image it can be whatever you choose but just make sure it really is your ‘Best Shot’!
- One Grand Prize to be awarded to the Best of the Best: Holga 135 Panoramic Deluxe Kit. This is the very latest Holga to be launched (Q1 2012) and is already gaining a cult following. We’ll be covering the camera in detail in a review shortly but suffice to say that it’s a 35mm format Panoramic Camera. This Deluxe Kit includes a shutter release, a mini-tripod as well as a roll of film to get you shooting straight away.
- Two Second Prizes to be awarded to the 2nd and 3rd place images: Holga 135 TIM Kit. One of the most novel Holga cameras in the range is the Holga 135 TIM (Twin Image Maker). With one of these cameras you can try your hand at 3D photography, split image scenes or a number of other creative techniques. The Kit in this prize includes a 3-D viewer, 3-D mounts and a flash.
- Three Third Prizes to be awarded to 4th, 5th and 6th place images: Digital Holga Ultimate Kits. One of our most popular kits for the Digital crowd that wants to experiment with the Lo-Fi Holga look. This Kit includes a base Holga lens for a mount of the winners choice, a Wide Angle lens, a Telephoto lens, a Close up lens set and a Macro lens set. Enough lenses to really give you the ultimate flexibility and creativity.
And just in case you already have one or more of the above prizes we’re allowing any prize winner to exchange their prize for any other product from the HolgaDirect online store (up to the same value)!
- ‘LIKE’ the ‘HolgaDirect’ fan page.
- Choose your best Holga image taken with a Holga camera, Holga Digital lens or Holga filter kit for iPhone and upload it to facebook.
- Make sure your Holga image is tagged with yourself and ‘HolgaDirect’.
- Upload your favourite Holga image through the ‘Enter Now’ link above.
- PHASE ONE: Submit Your Entry : Feb 3 – Mar 1
- PHASE TWO: Public Vote : Mar 2 – Mar 8
- PHASE THREE: Judging : Mar 9 – Mar 11
- PHASE FOUR: Judges Announce Winners : Mar 12
The HolgaDirect Team
Powered by Facebook Comments